Email: contact@ energyscience.org.au
Address: PO Box 1379 Carlton Vic 3053
- Media Co-ordinator: Dr Jim Green ph 0417 318 368, jim.green@ foe.org.au
The following people have pooled their considerable experience and expertise to develop
a series of briefing papers to address the key issues surrounding the current energy debate and review of the 'nuclear option'.
- Professor Richard Broinowski is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Sydney and a former Australian Ambassador to Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Mexico, the Central American Republics and Cuba. He is the author of Fact or Fission: the Truth about Australia's Nuclear Ambitions (Melbourne:
- Contact: via Jim Green 0417 318 368
- Dr Peter Christoff is the coordinator of Environmental Studies at the
School of Social and Environmental Enquiry at the University of Melbourne.
He lectures on climate politics and policy in the University's Centre for
Public Policy, and has published widely on Australian and international
- Contact: 0418 339 947, peterac@ unimelb.edu.au
- Dr Mark Diesendorf is Director of Sustainability Centre Pty Ltd and Senior Lecturer in Environmental
Studies at University of New South Wales. He is co-editor with Clive Hamilton
of the interdisciplinary book, "Human Ecology, Human Economy: Ideas for an
Ecologically Sustainable Future", and co-author of the national scenario
study, "A Clean Energy Future for Australia".
- Contact: (02) 9385 5707, m.diesendorf@ unsw.edu.au (alternate phone contacts via Jim Green 0417 318 368)
- Media Articles: www.sustainabilitycentre.com.au/popular.html
- Peer-reviewed articles: www.ies.unsw.edu.au/staff/mark.html
- Professor Jim Falk has a PhD is in theoretical physics, and over the last 25 years he has
specialised in the study of the nature, impact and management of science and technology in their social
contexts. He is the author or co-author of over 100 scholarly papers and five books.
- Contact: jfalk@ unimelb.edu.au or via Jim Green, 0417 318 368
- Australian Centre for Science Innovation and Society: www.acsis.unimelb.edu.au
- University of Melbourne: www.findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/researcher/person35647.html
- Worlds in transition: http://www.worlds-in-transition.com/
- Dr Jim Green is the national nuclear campaigner with Friends of the Earth and national coordinator
of the Beyond Nuclear Initiative. He has an honours degree in public health and a PhD in science and technology
studies for his doctoral thesis on the Lucas Heights research reactor debates. He is the author of the
September 2005 report,'Nuclear Power: No Solution to Climate Change', available at www.foe.org.au/anti-nuclear/issues
- Contact: 0417 318 368, jim.green@ foe.org.au
- Friends of the Earth: www.foe.org.au/anti-nuclear/issues
- Nuclear & Environmental Research: http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/30410/20090218-0153/www.geocities.com/jimgreen3/index.html
- Genevieve KellyGenevieve Kelly works at the National Tertiary Education Union and has been involved with issues around the Australian government's reactors at Lucas Heights in Sydney since the 1980s.
- Contact: 0404 086 650, g.kelly@ uws.edu.au
- Jillian Marsh is an Adnyamathanha woman who has been active in promoting Indigenous land uses, culturally appropriate environmental management strategies, and cultural heritage protection in SA's northern Flinders Ranges region for many years. She is currently finishing a PhD thesis case study of the Beverley Uranium Mine and the Indigenous participation within resource development. Jillian is enrolled at the Department of Geographical and Environmental Studies, University of Adelaide.
- Contact: email@example.com or via Jim Green, 0417 318368
- Professor Brian Martin has a PhD in theoretical physics and is associate professor in the School of Social Sciences, Media and Communication at the University of Wollongong. He is the author of 12 books and hundreds of scholarly papers.
- Contact: (02) 4221 3763 (w), bmartin@ uow.edu.au
- Website: www.uow.edu.au/~bmartin
- Dr Gavin Mudd holds a PhD in Environmental Engineering and is a Lecturer/Course Director in Environmental
Engineering in the Department of Civil Engineering, Monash University. His research interest include the environmental
impacts from uranium mining and milling in Australia.
- Contact: 0419 117 494, Gavin.Mudd@ eng.monash.edu.au
- Website: http://civil.eng.monash.edu.au/about/staff/muddpersonal
- Dr Alan Roberts holds a Ph.D. in physics (University of Sydney) and has lectured in physics at Sydney
and Monash universities.He formerly served on the advisory Nuclear Safety committee of the Australian Radiation
Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency. His research work is on problems of theoretical ecology.
- Contact: (03) 9489 0927, alan.roberts@ arc.net.au
- Assoc. Prof. Tilman Ruff is an infectious diseases and public health physician; Immediate Past President of the Medical
Association for Prevention of War (Australia); Associate Professor, Nossal Institute for Global Health,
University of Melbourne; medical advisor,International Department, Australian Red Cross; technical advisor
on immunisation (Pacific), UNICEF and AusAID; member, Board of Directors, International Physicians for the
Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW); and management committee chair, International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear
Weapons, supported by Poola Foundation (Tom Kantor Fund).
- Contact: via Nancy Atkin, MAPW Executive Officer, (03) 8344 1637, or via Jim Green, 0417 318 368
- Medical Association for Prevention of War: www.foe.org.au/anti-nuclear/issues
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons: www.mapw.org.au
- Dave Sweeney has been involved with nuclear issues in Australia for two decades. He currently works as a nuclear campaigner with the Australian Conservation Foundation.
- Contact: 0408 317 812, d.sweeney@ acfonline.org.au
- Website: www.acfonline.org.au/default.asp?section_id=25
- Dr. Sue Wareham OAM is a Past President of the Medical Association for Prevention of War (Australia), a Board Member of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, and works in general practice in Canberra.
- Contact: 0407 924 152, sue.wareham@ mapw.org.au
- Website: Medical Association for Prevention of War www.mapw.org.au
- Dr. Bill Williams, a General Practitioner currently based in Europe, is President of the Medical Association for Prevention of War (Australia).
- Contact: 0419 327 251, bill.williams@ mapw.org.au or via Nancy Atkin, MAPW Executive Officer, 0431 475 465
- Websites: Medical Association for Prevention of War www.mapw.org.au
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons www.icanw.org